Today, I am linking up with Amy from Second Grade with Mrs. Lemons. I have read and learned so much about other bloggers through this linky, that I felt it was only right to share a bit of me back.
1. When I was growing up in the late 60's/70's I use to play teacher ALL the time. Even when I was alone! Then later on in college, it was always there in the back of mind - I want to teach, so in my last year of an English Lit degree I went to see a Career Counsellor to make sure I was on the right path and I said to her - I want to teach and she told me - Oh you should maybe re-think that cause it's almost impossible to find a teaching job. So, I didn't go into teaching! A few years later, I ended up moving into an apartment that was located right next to the local school board office. One afternoon, right before school was going to start, I applied for a Teaching position and got called in on a short term contract. That was all it took. The minute I stepped into that first classroom, I knew. I knew as sure as anything that I was finally where I was supposed to be. Took me awhile, but I got there.
2. This is my daughter Kailee, she is, as Charlotte would say, my Magnum Opus. We live together just the two of us and pretty much have a Gilmore Girls thing going on between us. She will leave this fall to study at McGill and I know that it is going to be really hard for me. But, I am grateful that McGill is not that far away.
3. Well actually, Kailee and I don't quite live alone, we live with.....
Yes, she's up on my bed. I know! This is our very loveable and extremely bold poodle/cocker, Ellie. She thinks that she owns the place (my fault) and loves to bark at anything that moves on the street in front of our house. But, we love her loads:)
4. So, a few years ago, my daughter was in love with the Jonas Brothers! It was as heartfelt and as constant as the same love I had for Donny Osmond many moons ago. I got tickets for their concert in Toronto and away we went. But, that wasn't enough. Like two fools, we lucked out and found out where they were staying and headed there the minute we arrived. And yes, I stalked their hotel with my then 15 year old daughter. Am I proud of myself? Ummm, no, but I took her picture with Joe, nuff said.
5. This is my favourite store, by far. I love everything they have! I buy their boots, I buy their bags, their T-shirts, I will always find an excuse to shop there.
6. You've Got Mail is my favourite movie, I have watched it too many times to count. But, on a weekend afternoon, if it ends being on T.V. I still need to watch it again. I love it.
7. I will do just about anything for coffee. Seriously. Confession - I have a Keurig on my desk in my classroom. I know I am lucky to have that. But, frankly, the Principal's got one on her desk too, so...I do not feel that I am breaking any laws. It's just that the staffroom coffee is awful and this way I can have it whenever I want it. Don't worry I keep it hidden in the far corner, so little hands can't reach it.
8. I HAVE to die the grays in my hair. I try to just let it go, but I can't. Every 4 weeks.
9. I just had Nikki at Melonheadz make me my own Melonhead. As you can see, there are no gray hairs in my Melonhead head. Note also, the all important coffee cup. Nikki is amazing by the way. You can check her out here
10. I live in Canada. And sometimes it can be cold, really cold. I love to be hot! I am only really comfortable(temperature wise) from about June til September, the rest of the time, I am almost always cold.
That's enough about me. If you have time to link up with Amy, I would love to hear about you.